Thursday, January 20, 2011

Anorexic

This is quite the sensitive topic to a lot of people, though I feel it's one I need to address. It is food-related, so it's not out of place, and it has affected my life personally. This is what a blog is used for, right?

Over a year ago, I was still living with my mom, younger brother and step-dad. There were a lot of difficulties in that household, but most I didn't understand at the time, or even acknowledge. What I did realize though, was that my mom wasn't eating. A year or so later it makes much more sense. We learned that she was severely depressed among other things, and needed some help turning her life around.

My brother at the time was around the age of ten, and even if I had explained eating disorders to him he wouldn't have understood it as well. He was actually the first to notice, asking our mom if she was going to eat with us after she made our supper, to which she started replying no. We noticed she started to lose weight, but since we both were at school all day, we never knew if she was eating. Sooner or later, when we realized that something had to be done, and clued in that she really wasn't eating at all, we confronted her.

At supper time my brother would force her to eat something with us, however small of a meal.
**need to edit

No comments:

Post a Comment