Thursday, January 20, 2011

Top 5 Countries

This is a list of the top ten countries I'd love to visit to taste their food, and why!

Canada!

I know this is cheating, but I love the food of my own country. The number one reason I love Canadian food is poutine. Yes, I love greasy french fries smothered in hot beef gravy and a ton of cheese curds on top. The cheesier, the greasier the better!


The other, (more obvious reason!) is Tim Horton's! What Canadian doesn't enjoy a "Timmys" in the morning, whether it's a hot chocolate or a coffee, a donut or their famous Timbits! I'm a bit of an eccentric, drinking their iced capps. in the winter time, but i'm not the only one! Where would we Canadians be without our Timmys, honestly? It's a Canadian privilege that I am in love with.

And don't forget the maple cookies! Those are amazing, words can't even describe. Maple is one of my favourite flavours, and in cookie form? Amazing! And don't forget the Quebec-made Jos. Louis! I'm not sure if anyone could ever resist the light, chocolately taste of a Jos. Louis!


Mexico!


Again, this is a bit of a cheat, since i've already been there, but why not? Mexican food is nice and spicy if you want it to be, which i'm such a fan of! Nothing can compete with that sizzling sensation in your mouth, the intensity of the heat just from the flavour itself! Anything wrapped in a tortilla or with rice, and i'm there! There is still so much of real Mexican food I have yet to try, and I would love to go back again.


Italy!

This is an obvious for me. I love pasta, wholeheartedly. Why not visit the country famous for both? I'd actually love to visit more than just Italy, but that's definitely where I would start. Tomatoes are my favourite vegetable, I love almost anything they're in, and a tomato is an Italian staple! I've never had any Italian desserts, but i'd love to.

                                            China!

I'm guilty of wanting to visit China to see if their 'Chinese food' is the same as ours here. I highly doubt it's as greasy, (Though Canadian Chinese food is still amazing) probably much healthier. The Chiense culture is far different than our own, and I want to see how the food compares!

             India!

India is said to be the land of spices, and that's an exciting concept for me! The culture itself is very colourful, and I imagine the food would be the same! I think it would be the most cultural-food experience of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment