Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dear Onion



Dear Onion,

You may think I'm crying because I grieve for you, feel sorry for the pain you endure, but just the sight of you makes me want to cry! Even worse, your smell! Sure, rinsing my blade under some cold tap water might fight back the tears for a little while as I try to dice you into tiny pieces, but not long enough. Sooner or later tears always stream down my face, and  they're definitely not out of pity! I'm glad to see you gone. Cut up. Sliced and diced. Really, the world is a better place without you! I just wanted you to know I'm not crying for you. My eyes sting, but if anything, they're tears of joy. Goodbye Onion!

Sincerely, Master Chef


The harsh, putrid smell that makes my eyes burn and water.
Their slimy feel as I try to swallow them.
Quite simply, the disgusting taste.

These are the reasons that first pop into my mind when I think of the foul vegetable: onions. Just the thought sends a shiver of disgust up my spine. I've never liked them, and I've come to the conclusion that I never will. I've tried a lot of food during my short life, and I am usually quite daring in what I will eat, but if there's chunks of onions... they're coming out.

Normally i'm annoyed to no end when people pick apart their food. It's made purposely to go together, for the tastes to blend, to be in harmony. Call me a hypocrite, I don't care. Onions have no right being in anything I eat. In my opinion, they should be forced extinct, somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment