Thursday, January 20, 2011

Christmas Baking!


My grocery list was long... Flour, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, butter, and milk. Cranberries, glazed cherries, macadamia nuts, almonds. Chocolate, peanut butter and marshmallows... and that's only the beginning!

I love Christmas for many reasons, but the most prominent, the one that comes to mind first is quite simply baking Christmas 'goodies'. For many reasons! It's sort of becoming a tradition, or I hope it will be, since my mom is the one who taught me. She would bake for an entire week before making platters, trays and tins full of the chocolaty, minty wonders for friends, family and neighbours. I would help her, and bring some to school for friends! This year, I had to do it alone, but that didn't stop me! I baked for an entire week, making everything from gingersnaps to shortbread, and I enjoyed every second of it!

My grandparents also enjoyed it, coming home to freshly baked treats waiting for them, and the warm, inviting smell of a kitchen that's being used well! By the looks on my friend's faces, i'd have to say they enjoyed it too. Isn't that the point of Christmas, spreading joy and all that? Well this is my way of doing it, though I may have gained a few pounds in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment